With only three bedrooms upstairs it has become necessary for the boys to share a room to make room for the baby. I think even if we had four bedrooms on one floor I would still have them share. I think that sharing a room is so beneficial for kids. I have really good memories of sharing with my sisters and I think it teaches cooperation and brings kids closer together. I think their mission companions may thank me later! As great as I think it is I still have put off, as long as possible, this merging of Luke and Gage. Gage is a wonderful sleeper who rarely gets off the bed and pretty much just falls asleep no matter what time I put him to bed. Luke is more temper mental. He has been known to lie in his crib for hours and talk and sing and laugh before he finally falls asleep at eleven. It has never been a problem though because I'm the kind of mom that once I put you to bed you don't see my face again until morning unless your arm is falling off (hopefully you know what I mean). I was worried that Luke would prevent Gage from sleeping and that his general naughtiness would rub off on Gage.
My original plan was to get bunk beds and have Luke in a big boy bed before the babe came. This week I decided that Luke is not ready for a big boy bed and that I shouldn't kick him out of the crib just because there was a new body that needed it. If I'm totally honest I'm not ready for him to be in a big boy bed either because I know the chances of him staying in said bed are very small. So on Monday I had Tim undo the crib, which incidentally he had just put up for the move, and put it up in Gage's room. Thankfully the room is plenty big. The boys were so excited that they were wild and running around. Once we had wrestled them into their PJ's, attempted to read some scriptures that no one heard over the constant giggling, and Gage had offered a prayer that was more laughing than anything else it was time for bed.
The excitement was palpable in the air as we said our I love you's and shut the door. The giggling and laughing and the "Gagey jump jump" were all we heard for two hours. Oh, that and the loud thud when Gage hit his head on the wall. So apparently the crib and bed turned into trampolines and they had the time of their lives and it started all over again at 7:30 the next morning. Needless to say Luke was exhausted the next day but wouldn't nap because he wanted "Gagey lay down too!" So last night Luke was asleep in 4.5 seconds and Gage not too long after. Luke napped today thankfully. Hearing them giggling and talking to each other was really one of the sweetest sounds I think I have ever heard and each time Tim and I would look at each other and giggle right along with them. I flatter myself that it was a good call to leave Luke in the crib because they can giggle and laugh as long as I don't have to see them and put them back into bed.
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Sharing a Room
Posted by Jess at 6:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
At this point I would love to have my girls in their own room, but that is not an option. Too much mess on the part of Brynn.
What is the baby going to sleep in?
Great news! How awesome that they are sleeping okay for you! You want to come and work your magic at my house? Nobody sleeps around here right now - even in their own rooms!
So cute. Good luck tomorrow! Can't wait to see pictures!
today's the day!!! I wil be thinking of you and that sweet baby.
I have always had this awful fear about my kids sharing a room. Thanks for showing that it can work out great.
I totally believe in sharing rooms! We couldn't, however, keep Eason in his crib past 11 months- he'd dive head first out of it! Glad you can keep Luke contained a bit longer!
Oh.... good luck with the new baby! I'll be pushing for ya!
Post a Comment