Sunday, June 28, 2009

Pulling Up Nails With My Nose


Let me take you back 12 years, oh my has it been that long, to when I was a senior in High School. Didn't I have great hair? Great eyebrows too. I think my wax lady has been a little heavy with the wax lately. Anyway, I was 17 in this picture and thought I knew everything of course. Including what kind of mom I was going to be and it was at this tender age of 17 that I declared the following, "I will never, repeat never, drive a mini-van. I don't care if they are convenient they are so uncool!" Fast forward 12 years. Tim and I got our mini-van on Friday night and I never thought I would be so freakin excited to see a mini-van. It is convenient and possibly uncool but I don't care! Both doors open at the touch of button. I have heated leather seats and a 6 CD changer. I have a DVD system so the kids were actually quiet for a car trip and Tim and I could talk to each other. Which is another thing I said I would never have. A TV in the car. But that is where the nails come in. My whole life my mom has used this weirdo saying that goes, "Don't lay down nails you have to pull up with your nose." I've never in all my life know what the crap that means but I think I finally understand that with my mini-van sitting in the garage it is time I got down and tried to pull up those nails that have been there for 12 years with my nose. All I can do is apologize to the girl in the photo that I've allowed myself to become so uncool and that I have grey hair and 3 kids.

2 comments:

Erin said...

No. Don't apologize to the 17 year old girl... she didn't know then what you know now! I used to thinks the moms in the grocery store with screaming kids were being horrible parents.... I now know differently, cuz I've been there!

Jen said...

Yay for your new mini-van! I wish I could see you driving through the neighborhood in it...you'll have to come make some yoyos with me! :)