Sunday, June 28, 2009

Bunny Ears - Tied Shoes at Last

Gage tied his shoes for the first time last night just when I thought I was going to be tying Gage's shoes on his wedding day if he didn't start to assert himself and try to do it himself. He is so proud of himself and so am I. Gage is easily frustrated when learning new things, particularly physical things, because those don't come nearly as easy as cognitive things do. I'm getting worried about this problem and how it will bode for kindergarten. It is really a hard decision for me to make because he is so smart and I think we will kill each other if I keep him home one more year but then some parts of his development seem delayed to me. Anyway, I guess I have a few more months to decide and for now I'm just happy that the bunny made it through the hole and that Gage can tie his shoes!

2 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

Way to go Gage!!

Anonymous said...

Yay Gage! We are the EXACT opposite with cognitive things. He gives up so easily, but will try at the physical things. Bu Mason would not even begin to know how to tie shoes. In fact I think the only lace shoes he has are for church. I should probably get on that!