Friday, June 19, 2009

Claire is Here!


Claire Bailey Wright was born on June 15th at 5:36 in the evening. I was due on June 25th and as much as I dislike being induced I was so so thankful to be this time. I can't believe that at 10 days early she was still one once shy of 8 pounds. I swear my kids take steroids or something. There is more pain when you go on your own but it takes more time when you are induced and since I'm not a patient person the waiting really kills me. I delivered at Salt Lake Regional and seriously this has to be the best hospital in existence. I had the world's nicest nurses who pampered me from the very beginning and my delivery nurse came back the next day with a burp cloth she had made and a thank you note! If anyone should be thanking anyone it is me thanking her! Anyway, they started the pitocin at about 9am and the pain was really manageable so I didn't get my epidural until about 1pm when Dr J broke my water. My epidural was really screwy and for half the time only half my body was numb. This really freaked me out because the side that wasn't numb was the side that my pelvis hurts the worst. They finally got me numb from my about my belly button down so I could still feel the contractions in my upper belly and that was also very weird. I was upset at the time but I'm just thankful that one important part was numb and I didn't have to feel the burning ring of fire! I only had to push for about 4 contractions which is an all time record for me.

I love the feeling right after a baby is born. It's like nothing else in the world exists except the little sweet person making all the noise. Claire was a noisy little one who thought being born was a horrible experience that the whole hospital needed to hear about. I swear her cry is so much cuter that the boys' was. Can you tell that she already has me and her dad wrapped around her finger? Tim reprimanded me for not taking pictures of her from the time he left the hospital at 9pm to the time he came back the next day around noon because, "She is so much cuter today than she was yesterday!"


Gage and Luke have been so excited for her to be born and according to the Grandma's it is all Gage talked about the day she was born. The boys came to the hospital after she was born and they have been quite taken with her. Gage can't help but exclaim each time he sees her, "She is just so cute!" Poor Luke keeps calling her a "him" and I can't get him to change so for now it is, "Him sleeping." and "Him cute!" Although I have to be really careful with Luke because he has also said, "I want to bite that baby." and "I want to kill the baby." That one really shocked me because I've never heard him use the word kill and it's not like we use that word around the house. So far he has just patted her though.



She has been such a sweet baby so far. I could just stare at her forever. I think she is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I think since we don't plan to have more that I'm really just absorbed with enjoying everything about her....even the late nights. I know it won't last forever even though I wish it would.

My recovery so far has been a little more shaky than it was with the boys. Yesterday was the first day that I could walk around with out getting dizzy and getting the shakes. My pelvis is really painful and it is worse when I lie down so sleep is not real great at this point. But it wouldn't be anyway I guess. I hate to complain though because she is totally worth it.

7 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

She is so sweet! I am so glad you finally got a girl!

Jen said...

Keep enjoying every minute! It feels like they are so few and far between with the 3rd! Hope you get feeling better soon!

Live Deliberately said...

She is cute! You will realize even more how gross boys are as she grows up. It is a good thing that you got another girl in your house to back you up.

Anonymous said...

Gosh Jess, you just keep getting me so choked up. Sounds like a wonderful experience. Again, she is a beauty.

Kathy said...

Congrats! She is a total doll!!

Anonymous said...

yeay yeay yeay yeay for pretty girls :) :) :)
congrats jess!

megs said...

Congratulations! She is darling. I am so excited and happy for you and your family.