Sunday, April 25, 2010

You Might Be A Red-neck If....


You let your 5 year old go shootin' with Grandpa and Dad. Tim was raised shooting guns with his dad and my Dad loves it as well. With that mix it was just a matter of time before my son got pulled into it as well. The boys went to the West Desert to air their testosterone. Gage loved it of course. Grandpa was smart to bring him a bb gun to use while they shot the big guns. Gage took his turn on those as well. I'm told that he wasn't scared of the noise or recoil and that he insisted on loading the bb gun himself. He also thoughtfully asked his Dad to take some pictures of him so I could see.



Before they left I gave a sobering lecture....almost raising my voice...but just keeping it under control that guns were dangerous and that he had to listen to and do everything his Dad and Grandpa told him or he could kill himself or someone else. I poked him in the chest right at that moment just to make a point. Once I saw his lip quiver I knew my job was done. My mom said I needed to cut the apron strings and that I probably scared him so bad that he wouldn't even touch a gun. I know my boy. I was just keeping it real. Everyone lived and there were no injuries. My job is done.
Tim and Gage were all excited to tell me that Grandpa said I was a good shot but that I shot and broke a window with Nate's bb gun once upon a time. I demand that my record be expunged! Nate was shooting the bb gun too and I think they blamed the broken window on me because I'm a girl.

1 comments:

Live Deliberately said...

Mom told you to cut the apron strings??!!!! This is the same Mom that wouldn't let me have a bb gun until I was 12 and even then it was a big argument between her and Dad.

I don't see the blogs much anymore. I find it very interesting that none of your friends commented on this post. We both know what that means.