Sunday, April 25, 2010

What Tim's Been Doing In His Free-Time...

and boy does he have a lot of free time. Tim's project at work is finished and he got 3 weeks of paid comp time. Yea! I had a whole list waiting for him. The first project he tackled was painting the boy's room. Their room was stark white and had a chair rail. He took that down and mudded it, sanded, texturized it, and then finally painted it.

Before: Stark white and cold.
Before: Taking down chair rails sucks
After: Taking down chair rails is so worth it! Tim made the frames for these magnet boards with molding that he screwed together. I love having a place that boy can display all their artwork. The boys love it too and after we put them in bed they turn on the light and "re-arrange" their magnets.
We had some old wood hanging around so I painted it and added hooks.


It's nice to have it just their height so they can pick stuff up.


We also got a trampoline. It is heavenly! The boys will jump for hours and get all their energy out and then sleep like rocks. When the tramp was delivered we were gone but when we got home all of the kids on our street were milling around the front porch looking longingly at the box. They all followed Tim like baby chicks following their mother into the backyard and started helping him put it together. It really made me laugh and our house has been the spot to be ever since.


Tim, because he is a nice husband and knows I can't cut a straight line, helped me finish Luke's baby book. It is so nice to have it done! It covers the first 2 years of his life and the kids aren't getting anymore! I hope they like them.

6 comments:

SLC / Portland Webbs said...

I am so jealous I want to cry. I have no yard for my kids to play in. I have always wanted a tramp for the girls. I also do not have a house I can fix up and make my own. We will never own a home again or be able to have a yard. Life Sucks! At least I have Disney to look forward to. If it rains while we are there I will shoot myself in the head. Please return my children to my husband if this happens.
R-

Smilin' sunshine said...

I was laughing at the first picture of Tim in the corner, I thought maybe he was in trouble and has to stand in the corner!!!
What he was really doing is much better!

I love those big magnet boards. I think you are quite creative!

c.m.wright said...

Good job on the room, you are both creative people. Fun to see your house changing to become your home.

Anonymous said...

love the hooks...we did the same thing and they are GREAT for cleaning stuff off the floor!!

Jen said...

Their room looks sooo cute! Good job...and I suck at being a friend...I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to get together to sew, I just haven't had a night that would work yet...would next Tuesday night work for you? Email me if so and I will spread the word!

Live Deliberately said...

I'm with Dawn you sent him to the corner........