Sometime the kids will ask me about what it was like when I was young. I told the kids a few months ago about this boy I went to elementary school with whose name was Corbin Maudsley. I said I would always remember him because one year he and his older brother had a contest to see who would be able to wear shorts one year despite the weather. I remember that he lived across the street from our school and seeing him walk through these huge drifts of snow with shorts on. Corbin was a legend that year.
Around October I noticed that Luke kept wearing shorts to school even when it was cold. I kept telling him that it was cold out and that he should probably wear some pants. He never wanted to and then it dawned on me one day that Luke had found a hero in my elementary school friend. Here is Luke on the last day of November wearing shorts when it's 35 degrees outside. He might be taking it to the next level because he won't wear a coat either. I'm anxious to see what happens when we get our first real snowfall.
Corbin Maudsley moved our 6th grade year and I have no idea where he is or if he wears pants but I'm sending this out into the interwebs to say, "I salute you! Your elementary self inspired my son!"
0 comments:
Post a Comment