Saturday, December 2, 2017
Luke is Done with Cub Scouts
I have a love/hate relationship with the Cub Scouts. I hate pack meeting but I love that Luke loves it. Luke's cub scout career came to an end this month and I successfully made it through my last pack meeting.....forever! Excuse me while I do a cart-wheel. Our stake troop is not the most organized thing in the whole world so Luke earned a butt load of pins on the same night that he earned his Webelo badge and his Arrow of Light. He was stoked to have the regalia for his uniform. Sewing the crap on is on my hate list by the way, but man does Luke love it! It's a lot of work. So proud of him.
When the night came Luke was a ball of energy until he heard that Gage was planning to go to Young Men's instead of coming to pack meeting and seeing Luke in his full cub scout glory. I feel like I had a really good parenting moment when I encouraged Luke to express how much it meant to him to have his brother there. I had a proud parent moment when Gage said he would love to come. After Luke walked the proverbial bridge from cubs scouts to boy scouts it was to Gage that he ran. Gage gave him a handshake and congratulated him. They kept it pretty formal. That's cool with me, gives me time to wipe the tears as I realize my little Luke is growing up.
My fondest dream for my kids is that they remain best friends the rest of their lives and that they carve out time to support each other. Please kids....just do it.
Posted by Jessica at 4:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment