Friday, December 1, 2017

Broken Mirrors and Gage's Superman Moment

One night Tim and I went to go buy a tent for an upcoming camping trip.  We left the kids at home with instructions to get ready for bed.  We were on our way home when Gage called my cellphone.  When I answered the phone I heard Claire crying hysterically in the background.  Gage's voice was super calm and he said, "Mom, you're need come home."  I was freaking out inside but Gage was so calm that I kept my cool.  I asked what was going on.   Why was Claire crying?  Gage said, "Just talk to Claire." 

He handed the phone to Claire and I couldn't understand her at all between sobs.  She finally handed the phone to Luke who was more excited than Gage but surprisingly calm.  He told me that they had been in the bathroom, all together, brushing their teeth and that the bathroom cabinet and mirror had suddenly fallen off the wall.  I was dying!  I asked if everyone was ok.  He said yes just please hurry home and gave the phone back to Claire.  Thankfully we weren't too far away.  I was talking to her so calmly and telling her the things I could see outside the window so she would know how close we were.  I was picturing blood and broken glass everywhere. 

When we got home Claire and Luke met us in the garage and said to hurry.  There was no blood that I could see so that was a relief but I was wondering where Gage was when he called from the bathroom to come quick.  We found that sweet boy in the bathroom holding the cabinet up against the vanity by himself.  I would have never guess he was doing that when I talked to him on phone.  It was so heavy.  Tim took it from him and threw it away and we were able to survey the damage.  The counter was dinged and the faucet had a gouge out of it.  It had bumped Luke on the head when it fell and he had a small cut on his knuckle but he was ok. 

I was so impressed with Gage's presence of mind to hold onto it and ask Luke to get Claire out of  the bathroom. His quick thinking really prevented it from being so much worse.  Seriously a miracle that no one was seriously injured.

Who knew Gage had Superman muscles! 

0 comments: