When Luke was born his legs and feet were shaped really strange. His little feet almost made a "c" shape and his legs were decidedly bowed. I was really worried at the time and brought it up with our doctor. He assured me that he was fine and that Luke would probably be a really fast runner. He said something about fast runners have an overlapping stride and that bowed legs help. For all I know he was blowing hot air up my skirt but I have passed this story down to Luke and it has generated in him the belief that has was predisposed to be a successful runner. He has been too young in the past to join a track and field team but his time finally came this summer.

The doctor was right, he was a good runner, but not as a sprinter. Luke found his stride in long distance. Running speaks to him is the only way I can describe it. He looks so confident and at home while he is running. He didn't mind practicing in 100 degree weather and he took several ribbons. I was fascinated and proud of him. Proud because running is hard and fascinated because he actually enjoys it!
Luke hates loud noises. He hated the starting gun!
He qualified to compete at the County Meet and when they announced, over the loud speaker, that he has placed in the 800 meter he was so thrilled and said to me, "Mom, it's the first time someone has said my name out loud!" So cute! Love him!
I had no idea how long Track Meets really are. You bake in the sun for hours and then your kid is doing something for a minute or two and then you bake again.
This is his ribbon from the big county meet. He looks and feels exhausted!
This ribbon came from a smaller meet. I love how proud of himself he looks in this picture. He is awesome!
0 comments:
Post a Comment