Sunday, November 29, 2015

Claire and Creative Dance






In May, Claire had her dance recital for her creative dance class.  The recital was on the big stage at the Rose Wagner Theater down town.  She loved getting to wear make-up and she danced beautifully.  Creative dance is such a joyfully dance style.  It isn't as rigid as ballet and it really encourages expression and movement.  I love how creative dance builds self-esteem and the girls learn to appreciate their bodies for what they can do.  I love it!










The recital was based on the artwork of a teenager artist, Zev, from Massachusetts.  He has a series of whimsical self-portraits that inspired the dances.  While we were waiting for the recital to start I was telling Tim's mom all about Zev.  I was going on and on about how talented he was and how amazing it was that he was letting the studio use his art work and that he was so young.  Little did I know that Zev himself had flown out from Massachusetts to see the show and was sitting behind me with his mom.  I felt so stupid!  I don't know why because who doesn't like to be complimented?  Anyway, you can see his work at:


http://www.demilked.com/surreal-self-portraits-14-year-old-fiddle-oak/



Waiting backstage is hard!

The boys were very supportive and got excited when they saw Claire come on stage.  I was worried that they wouldn't be able to stay still through the entire recital but they did great.  The woman sitting next to Gage even complimented him afterward.  That made me happy.  They boys couldn't wait to present their flowers to Claire.  As far as they were concerned she was the star and reason for the show!




0 comments: