My friend Andrea informed me today that I'm in a funk. She says it's been going on since the Election. That could possibly be true...there is certainly enough to be in a funk about the Elections if you ask me. No one did ask me by the way. So I've been thinking since she said I was in a funk, what could put me in a funk? My first thoughts are that the election coincided with day light savings so maybe the Election is being framed for my SAD. (that's Seasonal Affective Disorder...it means you get sad when the sun starts disappearing at earlier times) The sun is shining today so no complaints there. My grandma has SAD so maybe it runs in the family? I'm definitely in a funk about how I can dust and about 3 nano-seconds later my electronics and surfaces have another layer on dust on them. It gets really bad in the winter because our furnace is in our crawl space, which just happens to be dirt...not cement like normal houses, so it really circulates the dust. I know you're thinking dust? But really, ask yourself if you dusted several times a week and it always looked like you needed to dust would it put you in a funk? The house is in a desperate state of needing a serious deep clean. My house is always clean...but the jam fingerprints on the door casings, the dirty base boards, the grim on the washing machine that I always tell myself I'm going to scrub, the messy fridge, and so forth is really bugging me lately. But between the mounds of laundry, fixing dinner, playing the matching game, breaking up fights, putting toys away, and wiping noses and wiping bums it just falls through the cracks.(literally) Do you think I could trust a cleaning service to just come and make those things disappear? How much do you think that costs? That's what I want for Christmas. No really Tim. We always scoff at that billboard that says "Life is too short to clean your own house." I'm beginning to think that they hit the nail squarely on the head.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
When did you sneak into my house? You were describing my house to a T! You know what? Who the heck cares? It's not the most important thing in the world, anyway! I think we women are too hard on ourselves about our clean houses, perfect hair, perfect bodies, perfect kids.... go get some ice cream, color with your kids, and tell your hubby you're going out for dinner tonight. Life's too short to stress about that stuff!
Hey I want that for Christmas too sign me up, what a great idea.
R-
Post a Comment