Monday, November 3, 2008

My Chicken Bag


I completed my first sewing project since junior high this week. It was a little difficult to begin with but I now can sew corners and french seams. I'm glad this picture isn't too detailed because you won't be able to see my ski wampy lines but I improved as the project went on and I'm proud of myself for doing it. My sewing machine is being fixed at this very moment so I plan to continue with more projects. Maybe a quilt next.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Cute bag! Sewing is addictive! My mother-in-law gave me a sewing machine for christmas a few years ago and I love it. I have done a few quilts, they are a lot of fun. I would recommend doing a rag quilt, they are easy and they hide mistakes really easily. You'll love it! I wish I was in Utah so we could sew together!!

Andrea said...

It looks fantastic and very durable.

Jen said...

WOO HOO! Yay for you! I would also suggest a rag quilt next...they are rediculously easy yet very aesthetically pleasing!

Anonymous said...

A quilt is easier to sew than that bag. No fancy seams, or pleats, just straight lines all around. Love the bag, very cute...