My embarrassing moments seem to come in groups and I hope reading about one of my many embarrassing moments will make you happier, than you were already, that you aren't me!
The first incident happened at my cousin's wedding on Friday night. The bride's sister is my favorite cousin. She is so free spirited and fun and I never get to see her because she lives in the Teton Valley. Side-note about her is she lived out of her VW bus for awhile before she found an apartment and that was after she went to Thailand, by herself for 4 months, simply because she felt like it. Can you see why she is my fav? So I was sitting down with the old folks when she came running over for a hug. I was standing up while she was leaning down for a hug and sadly she was standing on the hem of my skirt. I'm sure you can see where this is headed since the skirt has an elastic band and is a little big on me since I've lost some of my baby chub. The whole action resulted in my skirt coming off. I was so embarrassed but my mom assures me she didn't notice, but no offense mom, you didn't notice me yelling in your ear about Uncle Steve either so the fact that it escaped your notice isn't helping much. The only thing I'm clinging to is that I have cat-like reflexes and I pulled it up fast and that the lighting was dim.
I've confessed before my affinity to sing opera. For those of you who don't know...I often sing opera style at home and I'm very very loud and sound very very bad. On Saturday, Tim and the boys were at the Wright Grandkids Spring Party, not to be confused with an Easter Party, and I took the time to go grocery shopping. I had been listening to the Phantom of the Opera in the car and I couldn't help but notice how empty the house was and that there were no children to scare with my volume so I let loose with the opera. I was singing the Phantom's part, which in truth is far too low for me but I didn't care that my voice was cracking all over the place. The last terrible note of, "YOU WILL CURSE THE DAY YOU DID NOT DO (CRACKLE CRACKLE) ALL THAT THE PHANTOM ASKED OF YOU!" was dying in my raw throat when I opened the side door (which faces the neighbor's side door) to take out some trash and my neighbor was standing on his porch and by the mocking smile on his lips he heard the whole thing! Inside I was dying a thousands deaths but my look was all serenity as I said, "Hey, how are you!" Nice recovery huh? I really think I'll give up my opera career because not only do I seem to incessantly embarrass myself with it but I feel certain that it has damaged my normal singing voice as I'm sure everyone within hearing distance of my voice in choir on Sunday will attest to the same.
I'm totally retarded and I'm just thankful that I didn't loose my skirt and sing opera at the same time.
7 comments:
My pants fell down once when I was hanging out with Wes cousin. Thankfully he didn't say anything about it. There are a lot more moments in my life I should be embarrassed about, but what would life be without those moments.
I'm interested to know how exactly your pants fell down?
I knew I was missing out on all the good stuff while I was at work.
Maybe you could sing your "Welcome hooooooome Tiiiiimmmmmm!" Except it would be much longer and even better.
Ok.... don't EVER stop singing... and get over your embarrasment! I sing all the time, and my neighbors hear me all the time.... and I am goofing off and sounding horrible, and they always hear me and always laugh. They comment when I'm outside like, "Hey, nice singing!" I blush, but in the end, I don't care what anybody thinks. If you give them something to smile about, good for you!!!!
I would have liked to have seen our nutty cousin. Were there any "gads" or "honey-childs" flying around?
Mom was either lying to make you feel better or she was completely oblivious. I'm going with oblivious. You know how Mom and the aunts get when they are around each other.
I can't help but think of OSH Hall and a staircase when I read this.
My skirt fell off at church as I was standing up from the pew...and some old man (i still don't know his name) chuckled as I scooted Wyatt off my dress so that I could pull it up.
I could read your blog everyday and be completely entertained...have you ever thought about writing a book? I'd buy it :)
There is also lots of singing going on at our house. Mostly by Kevin. Especially Phantom. In fact, London doesn't dress up as a princess, she dresses up as Christine. I will save my own embarassing moments for later.
Post a Comment