Luke has a lot going on in his brain and it usually spills out his mouth. Honestly, it is exhausting sometimes. Last week, to my eternal shame, I paid him to be silent for about an hour. He did it by the way and it was the best dollar I've ever spent in my life. However, there are times when he comes off with some hum dingers.
Last week he was having a bad case of the middle child syndrome. I've decided being middle in the family is pretty crappy. Tim took Claire with him to Gage's swimming so that I could spend some time alone with Luke. As soon as he had my undivided attention he starting talking. He informed me he had too many deep thoughts. Such as asking himself if he was himself. So weird and hard to figure out apparently. We were discussing this when he suddenly said, "I also don't know if Jesus Christ lives." How should one respond to a six year old with this question? I asked him what things made him think that Jesus Christ lives and he said, "Everyone keeps telling me he does. Except my cousins I've never asked them." Cousins of the family beware.
A few nights ago I was telling the kids about a girl from High School that I had run into recently and that she hadn't changed at all....she still thought she was better than everyone else. Luke was incensed and he said, "Oh, I hope I'm with you next time you see her and I'll hold up a piece of paper that says Jesus on it and I'll say what do you think of that? You can't be better than everyone else because Jesus is"
Never a dull moment with this one around.....
Monday, January 27, 2014
Luke and His Many Thoughts
Posted by Jess at 5:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment