Monday, January 27, 2014

Claire's Haircut



Claire has been growing her hair for about 4 years.  She loves her long hair.  Until she didn't.  Last week she was insistent that she wanted her hair cut to her shoulders.  Her mind could not be changed.  The boys especially were against it.  All boys like long hair...even 9 and 6 year olds.  I finally broke down and took her to the Salon. 



I was spellbound by my 4 year old giving distinct instructions to the stylist.  I swear the whole place exhaled when the first cut was made.  Several people came over to see the pile of hair on the floor.  It was 7 inches long!  My hormones are all over the place and so I was crying and trying to gather up hair like a ninny.  I gave myself a firm shake and just said no to bringing home hair.  



When it was all said and done I thought it was super cute!


 
While it can be mind boggling to deal with such a strong willed little girl I couldn't be prouder that she has such a strong sense of herself that she will stand up, in the face of others, to defend what she wants.  I hope she never loses that!  She can lose the attitude any time though.  Just sayin' 

 
 

  

1 comments:

SLC / Portland Webbs said...

Wow! what a beautiful girl with an adorable "new" haircut. My girls from a very young age loved going to the salon to get their haircut. So fun to see it must run in the family.