Gage has long since found girls cute. I believe he began to flirt with girls when he wasn't even a year old. Each year in school has produced a crush. I like to check up periodically to see who has caught his fancy. This year he has said he didn't have a crush. He said it in such a way that I knew he did but he didn't want me to know.
Then last week at dinner I was asking the kids about their happy and sad moments of the day. Gage started telling me about a sad moment and then he was laughing and said he needed to tell me, "in private" what had happened. I thought, "Oh Boy!" He would divulge at the table that it included a girl in his class...we'll call her Eden. Only because this girl is also named for a place. So as is typical I said, "Do you have a crush on Eden?" He got this dreamy look on his face and said, "Well, she's really pretty!"
He took me into my room and told me that he let his friend take the fall for his crush in front of Eden to save face. His friend got mad...hence it was a sad moment of the day but he didn't regret not looking dumb in front of Eden. We had a good laugh.
Well, I guess he keeps getting caught looking at Eden and then Eden says, "What? Do you have a crush on me?" This has been going on for several days and so this morning I said to Gage that when Eden asks him that today he should say, "Why? Do you have a crush on me?" Here's where the logic comes in. Gage said he can't say that because then Eden would know he had a crush on her. I'm not sure I follow but it sure is fun to hear about each day. I have no clue what he is actually learning or being taught at school. Hmm.
Thursday, October 6, 2011
The Logic of a 2nd Grader
Posted by Jess at 2:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment