Somehow it happened when I wasn't looking, but this kid...right here

became a sunbeam on Sunday. What the crap? Wasn't he just born...at the very least just starting to walk. Did they lower the age of Sunbeams because surely my Lukey is not primary age.
Luke wasn't all that excited for Primary. I think he liked being a big fish in the small pond of Nursery and he knew to jump ship was to become the littlest gold fish in the entire ocean. Gage, as per usual, was thrilled that Luke would be joining him in Primary. He told me that he could take him....I didn't need to come....he knew where he was supposed to sit and he needed no help. In a small voice I asked if it was ok for me to at least, say, follow behind them so I could see too? Gage said that was fine as long as he and Luke didn't see me....or hear me. Sheesh.
So I obediently stood at the door while Gage showed him where to sit and pointed out that Luke's favorite buddy, Marianne, was already sitting down. It was tender really. It reminded me of when I looked out the window when Gage was about 4 and Luke not yet two and Gage told him how cold it was outside and zipped up his jacket for him. I had to intervene when it became clear that Luke wanted to sit with Gage and not his new class. Special Brothers for sure. I heard later that Luke was very well behaved during sharing time as well as class and that made me feel good. What to do with these empty arms?
5 comments:
He sure is one dang cute Sunbeam!
Ah... soo tender and heartbreaking! I just remember when my kid came into Sunbeams. I was the primary choruster and he thought it was funny to lift my dress up every few minutes. Ya... that was a real special moment, for sure!
I'm actually thinking back to when Gage was a Sunbeam, spinning his spidey web.
Wow he looks super handsome where did you get the styling outfit?
R-
I love that picture of him. Makes me giggle! It really isn't ok that all of our people are growing up. Makes us a bit sad but proud at the same time.
Post a Comment