Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Life on Fast Forward

Lately I have felt like time is spinning out of control around me and that before I know it the kids will be married with kids of their own. It seems like every day some new thing is happening and it has me wanting to tell the kids, "Wait for me. Remember me...your Mother!" Gage is starting Kindergarten this year and I just feel like it is the beginning of the end. I know that sounds dramatic but college seems just right around the corner. Luke can pedal his bike and is sleeping in a bunk bed with his brother and talking about going in the potty. Ok, I admit the potty is the one thing he can do anytime and I won't regret if for a second! Claire is beginning to coo and she can control her head and grab at toys. I get so mad at myself every time I get inpatient with the kids because I feel like I should savor and record every detail before it all vanishes before my eyes.

The boys have being doing really well in the bunk beds. There is increased silliness at bed time and I think they are up and down the ladder a few times before they actually go to sleep but other than that it has gone fairly smoothly. Although Luke did fall off the bed last night at about 1 am and claimed he needed a band aid on his palm. I was so delirious that actually put one on. Luke only gets off a few times right after we put him to bed and he has been sleeping through the night. At nap time he says, "I want to go to sleep on the bunk bed!" as if afraid I may just stick him back in the crib. Now I threaten that if he gets off and that makes me stay on the bed! I'm a mean mom.

Claire is not about to be passed up by her brothers in the Pudge department. She is officially included in the Co. part of this blog. Her cheeks get rounder each day and there are so many rolls on her legs it is truly hard to change her diaper. As you can see Tim is wrapped tightly around her finger.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeay...i've missed my daily dose of the Pudge Co :) Isn't it funny that baby girls just wrap their daddy around thier finger without any effort whatsoever?! She is a doll and I LOVE what you did for her blessing dress, she will treasure that forever~ maybe even use it for her daughter one day :)

Jen said...

Ohhh, they are getting so big! We need to have a playdate my friend...I need to meet that little Claire before she isn't little anymore! Her blessing dress is completely gorgeous...you have the right idea...have someone else make it! :)

Funny story for you...so we are driving in the car and having a wonderful time and I said, "Do we have the coolest family or what?" to which Morgan responded, "No, Gage does." I asked him Why he thought Gage's family was so much cooler than ours and he said, "Gage has a sister AND a brother." He has been praying for a baby brother ever since. Just wanted you to know that according to Morgan...you have the coolest family ever! :)