Tim got me a cook book for picky kids for Christmas. Gage is not really picky at all, in fact he will usually eat an apple or carrots before he eats other stuff if offered. However he does have an aversion to any green veggies except green beans. If he even sees something that could be green he immediately needs to know what the green things are. Luke is the epitome of a picky eater. Nothing healthy touches his stomach. We sometimes sneak a healthy item in his mouth but he will quickly spit it out and cry like he has been served the ultimate betrayal. He will eat raisins and the occasional banana and he likes tomato soup. Tim and I have been concerned that he is a junk food junkie so I was excited to get this new cook book. The boys suffer from the, "What's that?" syndrome. You know after you have spent a great deal of time on a meal and as you set it on the table the kids say, "What's that?" I will admit that Luke and Gage have gone to bed hungry in the last few weeks. Go ahead, booo....hisss. This cook book promises to be the end of this syndrome. The first night I made a recipe called easy lasagna. It was indeed easy and I chose it because Gage usually complains about "red sauce." I was amazed when not only Gage but Luke asked for several servings and exclaimed how good it was. I rationalized that its noodles and meat and cheese so I wasn't ready to say this cook book was the most wonderful thing in the world. Then came the broccoli and cheese soup. I thought this the ultimate test because the main ingredient is a green thing...not even a pureed green thing....it was broccoli in all it's glory. Both boys were skeptical when it was put on the table but Luke ended up trying it and a eating a little...which is a victory. Gage took some coaxing to get him to at least try it and when he ate a bite he declared that he loved broccoli and asked for more a few minutes later. The woman who wrote this book must be a freakin' genius.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Will Wonders Never Cease?
Posted by Jess at 2:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Okay you just saved my life...how funny because my post today is about how my daughter literally will not eat ANYTHING green. I am going to have to try that cookbook. THANKS!
I might have to try that. Anything gluten free?
My son has learned that if he doesn't like what I fix, he doesn't eat that night. Period. He usually eats everything, but occasionally goes to bed hungry. It's better than raising kids who are so picky and get whatever they want!
(My nephew is the pickiest eater I have ever seen, but when he is tended at my house, he eats everything. Hmmmm... maybe because I give him no other options? What a great idea!)
You're a GREAT mom!
I will try anything! Thanks!
...and by the way, from your previous post. I would KILL for your legs! Even if it meant wearing floods! :)
Are there special ingredients that make it so yummy?
Post a Comment