I just read an article that basically stated that I may be the only person in the world who is not on Facebook. The article even called me out for my weird feelings over this whole internet "friend" thing. Personally I don't think we can be friends unless I can call you when I'm crying, or you've seen me without my make-up on, or you know that I had a serious 80's obsession in High School that culminated with me and my real life friends bringing a "boom box" to the bowling alley with Girls Just Wanna Have Fun blasting on it, or how neurotic I am. Seriously I don't get the point of racking up so-called friends on the Internet who won't come to my funeral. Am I missing something? Am I really the last person on earth to sign up?
Friday, January 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Someone talked me into getting on there so I guess I beat you to it, but it is really not my thing! Fun to reconnect with long lost friends, but really time consuming and I rarely ever update it. Blogging is so much better! I say more power to you for holding out! :)
I like facebook. I can see what old friends are up to, without having to go to lunch with them, and I don't spend lots of time on it- about 5 minutes a day at most. But, if it's not your thing- don't do it! More power to ya! (oh, and although you don't call me when you're sick, I promise I will come to your funeral if I don't die first!
I don't get it either. I refuse to get on it and I find it interesting that my friends that I see everyday are the ones asking me to join in. I figure if they really want to talk to me, they have many other ways to contact me. Why add one more thing to worry about?
P.S. That day will always have a special place in my heart!
I am on facebook, and although I feel too old to be on there, it has been nice to come in contact with old friends.
Jessica, that article was very misleading. Those of us not on facebook are still a vast majority. It's just an alternate multiplayer online game. If you want to play one of those, you could always go to World of Warcraft.
I just signed up a week ago because I'm addicted to a game on it. They started me at work. Sometimes it's cool that people remember you, but I'll admit readily that it's a little weird. There are only like 2 people I've even asked to be my friend. One was my brother. It's a creepy world, but try it and if you don't like it, don't log on.
Yes! I finally found one other person who is not on facebook. I am not opposed to facebook or anything, but I just can't do it. I can't even keep up my blog, let alone add one more thing to my list of internet chores. Hold out!
I know what you mean, I don't want to be friends with total strangers. I think it is fun to keep in touch or find long-lost friends. You should join, it is fun!
Post a Comment