Here's a shout out to my # 1 Dad. I always wanted to get him a mug or hat with that on it. I'm sure he wouldn't wear it. Dad you always told me I could do anything I put my mind to and I believed you. You taught me the gospel by living it everyday. I always knew I could find you in the living room reading scriptures on Sunday afternoons. You taught me forgiveness by offering it...even when it was hard and not deserved! You taught me to work hard and take care of my things. You're a great Grandpa too! You're never worried about what stuff the kids will mess up and thanks for the reminder, "Your raising boys not (fill-in-the-blank)" I thought of that when I looked at my white dress with Luke smudges all over it. Thanks for all the tools you bring over and all the help you give us with no complaints. Because you were such a good dad I knew what to look for in a husband.
Tim you're a wonderful father and our children love you! They are so lucky to have a father that is more excited about swords and Star Wars then they are. You're never afraid to say you are sorry if you are too harsh and you're not too worried about your manhood to display my home-made picture frame of the kids in your office. You're tough when you need to be and so much fun when the occasion calls for it. I love being on this adventure of parenthood with you.
My heroes have always been cowboys...Dad, Grandpa Humphries, Grandpa Burt and well Tim will just have to be and honorary cowboy for father's day. (he would look horrible in a cowboy hat but I could go for the tight (not too tight) jeans and boots...fyi)
3 comments:
i totally agree about what you said, your Dad and grandpas, plus Tim are lucky to have someone in their lives who love and valve them so much. Your thoughts are so sweet. Love you too,
Mom
Jess, I really enjoy your blog. You are so cute and always have something interesting or funny or thoughtful to say and it's fun to "catch up". I miss seeing you but it's fun to see your cute family online.
I have to second that, we do have the best DAD in the world and way cute niece's and nephew's too.
R-
Post a Comment