I love watching Meet the Press on Sunday mornings. I should have listed it among my nerd qualifications. I was so sad when Tim Russert died…he was a class act. I don’t usually get to watch Meet the Press however because Tim doesn’t like it and turns it off. I know, I think it is rude too. Today, though, Tim was at work so I turned it on and watched what I could in between kids jumping on me. Russert was replaced with Tom Brokaw, I like him too by the way, and he was interviewing Arnold Schwarzenegger. I don’t know what is scarier, the fact that the Terminator is the governor of California or that the Terminator was actually speaking sense about American politics, in his thicker than ever Austrian accent. In the spirit of full disclosure I don’t know anything about The Arnold and his governorship but one thing he said that really resonated with me was something to the affect that politicians should remember they are servants of the people not servants of a party. Amen Brother…I’ll be back!
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
This is a bit of a tangent, but I was at work the Monday after Tim Russert died, and his son Luke was on the Today Show. All I could think was couldn't someone have done something with his hair? Cut it, comb it, for the love you're on national TV.
Post a Comment