Saturday, January 5, 2008

Better Late Than Never

I know Christmas was two weeks ago and nobody cares what the Pudges did but I thought I would chronicle it anyhoo. Christmas 2007 was one of the most idyllic for us yet. A big snow storm hit Christmas eve and so we had the ever impressive white Christmas. My family, the ones who live here, came over to our house Christmas eve. The food was great and the company even better. I whipped out an old Burt tradition of my Dad reading, Twas the Night Before Christmas, from this ancient book that I slipped in my moving boxes unawares to my parents when I married T-Dawg and left my parents house. My bro and sis were amazed that book was still holding together, Roper and Pooky you know they one. Anyway my dad read the story and the kids, and yes even me, were mesmerized. I was disappointed though that when he got to the part about throwing up the sash dad didn't say, "oh, I bet that hurt." I guess he is slipping in his old age. T-Dawg read the Christmas story from the book of Luke and the Burt tradition was complete.


The Pudges have the tradition of getting PJ's for Christmas and opening them on the Christmas Eve. I did something I thought I would never do and I bought the boys matching PJ's. They glow in the dark...ooooh. It was pretty dang cute and maybe I'll do matching church outfits next. I don't think I"ll go that far. G-Dawg was stoked for St. Nick and was constantly asking if I thought he was on the "nice" list. L-Dawg caught on real quick to opening presents and his favorite was the $3 cell phone that Santa brought. Don't ask me how I know how much it cost. StarWars continues to be a big seller here but Santa helped Peter Pan make a valiant return with a Capitan Hook pirate ship. That made mama Pudge happy because I was really tired of lightsaber duels.
He also enjoyed the Return to Neverland DVD from T-Dawg I think mostly because he thinks the girl, Jane, "is pretty cute!" His words not mine and the fact that he thinks a girls is cute is really freakin me out.

L-Dawg's skin has looked really yellow lately as pointed out by his uncle and the bughunter. Seriously for awhile he looked like he belonged as the fourth child on the Simpsons. I called the doctor and they will be checking it out at his 1 year check-up but in the meantime I have to discontinue all orange and yellow veggies as these can make your skin yellow. I've been really bad at feeding L-Dawg table foods...just because the baby food is so convenient. I never imagined that putting it off so long could not only make him yellow but make it hard to get him to eat regular food. He is the most persistent child I've ever met. G-Dawg would eat anything you put in front of his mouth. Not so with L-Dawg and if he isn't throwing it off his tray he is shaking his head "no" when you try to give him something. It is proving to be a new challenge for me but I just have to have a stronger will than him and show him who's boss. I'll let you know how that goes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute jammies. I have to say that I love matching clothing at church. I know, so chessy, but just wait...hopefully Mason and Quincy will match soon!

I love how your blog is always so calm and serene when talking about your side of the family and a little bit of an uproar with T-Dawgs. Mine is quite similar!

Mason turned yellow from yellow veggies too. Really bad! I should dig out a picture for you. I didn't realize it until I took him into instacare for an ear infection one weekend and the doc working there walked into the examining room and said, "Woa, somoeone needs to lay off the sweet potatoes and squash!" I felt so dumb, I had no idea!

Thanks for sharing. We would love to have G-dawg over to play this week. We are all healthy again! :)

SLC / Portland Webbs said...

Looks like the kids enjoyed Christmas. We bought Lulu's and Red's cousin, BlackJack, a Noah's Ark that reminds me of G-Dawg's ship. It is hard to tell how yellow L-Dawg really is from his pictures. Pictures can sometimes have a yellow hue when shot in-doors, and easily corrected by taking the yellow out. Aside from his picture, in the end I do hope he returns to a nice shade of, - REDISH-PEACHISH? -CRW

Live Deliberately said...

I'm amazed that one of our SHARED childhood objects made it past R-Dawg and P-Dawg. Maybe CTB and I should split Dad's books. The "sistahs" have everything else.