Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Summer 2012

Since summer is officially over I thought I'd take a second to record a little bit of our goings on from this summer.  When I began to sort through our photos I began to see a theme.  Family and the mountains.  In my book those are two awesome things and we spent a lot of time with both. 


Hiking with the Wright Cousins....



Rocking climbing at the Wright Family July 4th Canyon Breakfast....





Saturday Hike....





Where ever we go Gage is good at finding a hiking stick....






In June, my sister Rachel and her girls came for a visit.  It was great to see them and it provides a great stay-cation for my kids! 


Bianca and Claire on the chair lift in Park City....




Claire says Piper is her best friend. These girls were in seventh heaven playing with the boy's Lego's while the boys were somewhere else!




With Lexus behind the wheel Luke felt brave enough to conquer the Alpine Slide. Somebody has a cousin crush! 




Gage was finally tall enough to tackle it on his own.... 





In July, my neighbor sponsored a neighborhood Kid's Reverse Triathlon.  The first event was a 1 1/2 mile run and then a 4 mile bike ride and then the pool for a party.  Luke was determined to run with Gage in his age division and he did well for being the littlest kid out there!  I don't have a picture of the boys coming across the finish line because I was running backwards on the course to try and encourage Luke.  Claire also ran but I was running with her too so I don't have pics of that either! 


The race begins....




This little guy took it like a man and never gave up...




No pics of the bike ride either because I was helping Luke.  But here is the medal ceremony.  Gage was a little disappointed because he didn't feel like he did well in the bike ride.  He got a gold for "never giving up" and I thought he did awesome even if he wasn't the fastest!  I was proud of him.  He didn't have gears on his bike and he ended up doing an extra lap than some of the other kids his age and that made him finish slower.   



Luke won a gold for his performance and Claire a silver...






At the end of August I took the kids to the Brigham City LDS Temple Open House.  My dad came with us and he is always good for a laugh.  It was a great opportunity for the kids to see the inside of a temple.  I thought it was so beautiful and unique.  The area is known for their peaches and the temple had peach blossom motifs on the outside of the temple and on some of the tile work.   There were also beautiful paintings of people working in peach orchards hanging in various places.  It was a nice touch. 




For Labor Day weekend we decided to bite the bullet and finally take the kids on an over-night camp.  We are major losers that we have not done this sooner.  No sooner was the camp-site booked that we saw the weather cast for the weekend.  That's right....rain.  We are in the middle of a drought and it hasn't rained in weeks and the weekend we want to go the forecast says rain!!!  Just our luck.  On the way over Parley's Summit it was raining HARD.  I was nervous.  When we got to the site it was still raining and Tim just started setting up the tent.  I was ready to throw in the towel.  Miraculously the rain stopped and it was clear the rest of the night.  The boys went snipe hunting, played with the fire, and played chess.  The sky was clear when we went to bed and the kids fell asleep quickly.  I thought to myself, "It's all down hill from here."  And then the THUNDER and LIGHTENING and RAIN began.  The thunder shook the tent, the lightening burned our retinas and the rain leaked onto our beds!  At 5:45 am we gave up and started packing up because who was sleeping anyway?  By 6:30 we had packed up camp and lo and behold the rain stopped.  I swear the cosmos were having fun messing with us.  We un-packed the food and made breakfast.  The sky looked threatening again so we finally headed home.  Despite the rain the kids asked when we could do it again.  So it was a success!




Tim's nephew Zach came with us.  He is so much fun!




This was before the rain began to fall.....




So long Summer.  See you next year!

0 comments: