Do you love how the moms on diaper commercials always have this big smile on their face? Well, I'm not smiling. I have been changing diapers for 7 and a half years straight. No breaks. 7 and a half solid years and for one of those years I was changing a toddler and a newborn at the same time. Today, I felt like screaming, "No more dirty diapers!!!!" Claire is fully capable of using the toilet. She wakes up dry and tells me when she is going to go or when she is going. However, she throws a sobbing fit every time I even suggest the toilet....let alone put her on it. She's only 2 and a half so I'm trying to be patient but her new thing is to not let me changer her. That's a lovely air freshener. So I've been letting her sit in it hoping it will motivate her to use the toilet but to no avail.
Today, I felt like I've just had enough. I sternly told her that she had to use the toilet and that I was dang sick of changing her diaper. She cried. Of course. Once she calmed down she said in the softest and saddest voice, "You talk mean to me." Well, excuse me but let me break down 7 and a half years straight of diaper changing. I have a calculator and while I will not show my work I have figured that I have changed 15,513. And that's only averaging 5 diapers a day. You know it's more because newborns need to be changed 12 times a day and kids get the stomach flu. If a diaper costs about a quarter each then it's about $4000 we spent in diapers. And she wonders why I talked mean? You do anything 15,513 and I bet that by 15,514 there might be an edge to your voice. Not to mention the awesome trip I could have taken with $4000!
I talked mean to this sweet little face. I'm a monster.


3 comments:
I feel your pain! I've only been changing diapers for 18 months and I'm already burned out! I did a little rough math and between my three babies I've changed 7662 diapers (an average of 6 per day, not counting sick spells or newborn stage).
Some of my friends have used the 3-day potty training method and rave about the results. I think there is a book out there about it. It might be available at the library. Good Luck!
I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't be laughing, but I am the meanest mom in the world so you've got nuthin!
Post a Comment