Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Luke's First Day Of Preschool


Just when I was getting used to having Gage gone; now I have to send my baby boy to preschool. I don't think I can take much more. Luke wasn't really thrilled with the idea of preschool until he met his teacher and then he was ok with going. When I dropped him off he marched right in like it was no big deal. He was talking a mile a minute in true Luke fashion and I couldn't help but notice all the other children were mute. I cried all the way home and then I shook it off. When I picked him up he ran out to the car, so proud to show me his balloon and a picture he had colored. He said, "Mom, I'm going to tell you all about it!" This is what he had to report:

You have to be quiet at school. (I bet that instruction was given 30 seconds after I left....such a talker)

Boys talk to boys and girls talk to girls. Luke has instructed I should stop talking to Tim.

Other than that he hunted Joker all day at school.

After we got home Luke called Tim to tell him all about it and Tim thinks he already seems more grown up. To which I say....booo!! No more growing up. He certainly did seem very independent. I had to laugh because I have had some ABC cards hanging in my kitchen for about 6 months. Each day at lunch I have talked about the letter and tested to see if Luke knew the letter from the day before. We have had the card with the Alligator and the Big A up for all of those 6 months. Some days he would say, "I don't know what letter that is." Or that's a Joker or a flower or some other non-sense. Well today during lunch before I even asked, he looked up at the card and said, "That's A for Alligator." Do you think he has been pretending all this time not to know or does one day of preschool help a person that much?

Here's the big boy getting ready for his back to school blessing. Such a sweety I could eat him up!

3 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

Oh he looks so grown up!

Erin said...

I could swear my kid didn't know his ABC's, nor did he care to learn them. But, on the first day of school he sang the whole song to his class. I guess some kids do things when they want to, not when others want them to! What a cutie!

SLC / Portland Webbs said...

Maybe he has to impress a new woman. You know how the men are in our family they always go for the older woman. The lawn looks fabulous tell Tim he is doing a good job.
R-