Saturday, June 26, 2010

No More Stop Light Room



For over a month I've been working on re-decorating my master bedroom. If you'll remember that room was called the stop-light room. It got that name because the walls were yellow and green and had red curtains of all things at the window. I wanted something calm and sophisticated. I also wanted something on the masculine side. It is a pet peeve of mine when Master Bedrooms are decorated cutsey. How is a man supposed to sleep amidst pink flowers? So I chose what I thought was slate gray color for the walls but actually turned out more blue. And I upholstered a headboard. The headboard was so much work. Whenever I start these projects I always grossly under-estimate how much time they will take. I thought it would take like a day. Oh, no. More like 45 days. Whatever! It's done and I must say it feels so peaceful. I do need a pop of color and some stuff on the walls. See me about 45 more days and maybe that will done. At least it doesn't remotely resemble a stop light anymore!



Tufting this headboard took me hours and gave me blisters. Thanks to Tim's sister though I got a new technique half way through that made it go by much faster.



I sorta feel like I'm in a nice hotel when I look at my bed. Nothing is better than propping myself up in bed now for TV and reading.

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Wow, I'm impressed. Looks great!

Smilin' sunshine said...

it looks fabulous!! I love it!

Erin said...

That looks really nice! It makes me want to do my master bedroom now!

Andrea said...

Come do my house.

Shantell said...

Your bedroom is gorgeous! Wish I was that ambitious.

Anonymous said...

It looks like it came out of a magazine! I love it Jess. I have been wanting to make that headboard for years. I think it will be a few more years until I get to it. Very peaceful and tranquil!!!

Anonymous said...

It really does look like a hotel. Can I come and stay and get breakfast in bed?