I'm a couch potato. It's nothing I'm proud of and I blame this status on a few factors like the fact that I'm pregnant and I just want to put my feet up at the end of the day, and that Tim brings his work home from work so I need something to occupy my time, and until recently I've had a cold and it's also been cold outside. Anyway, I watch a lot of shows and I need to get a few things off my chest. I think I'll begin at Monday.
I used to watch The Bachelor on Mondays but that is over and I know it's been said but it was the sleaziest season I have ever watched and I feel I have to take a moral stand and resolve never to watch this show again. The chick that was publicly humiliated and dumped on TV for ratings has somehow found her way onto Dancing with the Stars. Out of curiosity I tuned in last Monday to see how she would do and proved that ABC is an evil genius because I've never enjoyed Dancing with the Stars before. Anyway, I'm sucked in and I think they have a really good cast this year and I can actually tell who the stars are. Having never watched this show before can someone please tell me what the crap is up with the scoring? The judges will be really negative and then give the star 7's and then they can say really nice things and give the star 5's!?! The cowboy dude on the show is my favorite and he keeps getting really bad scores. Come on people the dude rides bulls for a living and the fact that he is even in a ballroom ought to at least afford him some leniency. I guess it's just me.
Tuesdays are The Biggest Loser night. I love this show. I feel like it is really positive and this season the people so far have been so supportive of each other and there haven't been any "hate votes." Jillian is one of the trainers and it seems like her group always does the best probably because she is about the scariest thing on this earth and I'm sure she implants a secret shock collar on her people so when they stop exercising they get a shock, when the eat more than they should....bzzzzt....and then you see Jillian brushing her finger tips saying "excellent." Bob is gay....figuratively and literally. He is super nice and good looking if you ask me but I think he doesn't scare his people enough so it seems they never win. The only contestant I hope fails is Helen. She dealt a low blow to Tara last week and she just seems trashy.
Also of note is American Idol on Tuesdays...I don't watch this show but sometimes I catch little snippets. My feelings are as follows. The blind dude looks like Garfunkel as in Simon and Garfunkel. I know he is blind so his family should really help him out with the whole hair thing because it is an abomination. He may just be the nicest person on this earth but the dude cannot sing well enough to be on this show. Harsh but I'm just keeping it real. I'm really glad that the girl from Utah is unique and covered in tattoos. I'm really sick of the Mormon next store on these talent shows. Although if she were the Mormon next store she would be doing a lot better in the competition because I swear the Young Women or the Relief Society have some calling tree going one with these shows.Wednesdays is our Lost night. Lost is the one TV show that Tim watches and we make a night of it complete with junk food. Yum. Lost has officially made me freaked to fly. As for the plot I can't go into details because I don't know where to begin. I will say that I hope Sawyer stays with Juliette because Kate drives me nuts. Frank rules.
Thursdays have me very conflicted. I've been loyal to the Thursday NBC lineup since High School. But in them days I would get Friends, Seinfeld, and ER. Now there is this freaky line up of Kath and Kim, My Name is Earl, The Office, 30 Rock, and yes ER....still. Kath and Kim and My Name is Earl is the equivalent of burning your lawn rather than mowing it.....Trailer Trash. ER needed to go off the air about 10 years ago. For some reason 30 rock doesn't appeal to me and The Office used to be the one bright spot. Sadly, I'm just not feeling it this season. Pam and Jim are together and it seems like it's the Micheal Show and he's just not that funny to me. So I've switched to Grey's Anatomy. I like the characters....especially Dr Bailey and Yang. Izzy needs to go away.That concludes my loserdom review. Oh, except Extreme Home Makeover on Sunday's is a wonderful show and I cry every dang time. And Meet the Press on Sunday mornings but I can't watch that because I go to early Church. Frontline on PBS oh and NOVA. Ok, I realize I really need some other activity. I wasn't joking when I said couch potato. At least there are no Soap Operas on this list. I gave up Days of Our Lives a few years ago.

3 comments:
Don't feel bad about being a couch potato - you are pregnant and thus entitled to do so. You are totally right about this season of the Bachelor being the most trashy ever. I was extremely uncomfortable watching the overnight date episode! I totally agree with you on the blind guy on American Idol - not a great singer! I also agree that The Office has lost some of its edge this season, but I think it has been funnier the last couple of weeks - and I am totally psyched for the upcoming Parks and Recreation show on Thursday nights in place of Kath and Kim (how did that ever get picked up?). Does it make you feel any better that I am a couch potato too?
The only show on your list that I can relate to is Biggest Loser. I love that show!! As for the rest of them, I never watch them. Except on Sundays, we either watch or record Home Makeover and of course I always cry too.
I don't have an opinion to give on the rest of your shows though, but I am glad you are taking it a bit easy. You deserve and need it!!
You need cable. All of those shows, but The Office blow.
Post a Comment