In honor of Thanksgiving I made this list. It's in no particular order so don't get offended if you are near the end and if you didn't make the list this year try for next year! No, really I love you all.
* That my husband is my best friend
* That my kids make me laugh
* For my small house that can be cleaned top to bottom in a few hours
* Fall colors
* Winter sunsets
* Hymns that sometimes teach more doctrine to my heart that scriptures and talks
* Eternal Families
* Friends that make me take life less seriously
* My nieces and nephews
* My Grandma Humphries and what she has taught me about laughter, determination, and what it means to be a strong woman
* When Gage says, “I’m very sorry.”
* That I have a little junk in my trunk because it means I’ve never had to go hungry
* Animals
* That I had my kids in a hospital with drugs!!
* Air conditioning in the summer and Heating in the winter
* Luke’s giggle when I tickle under his chin
* The Crock-pot…hot food with little effort
* Snow covered mountains
* That I’ve always know the church was true
* The Book of Mormon
* The Internet…I can keep in touch with my loved ones and learn about anything I want
* Jane Austin books and movies
* That I know how to read
* My brothers and sisters and their wives/husband
* My Parents
* All Dad’s funny sayings that I hated growing up but make me feel like I’m home when I say them to my kids…”It’s colder than a tin toilet in an igloo!”
* That mom says, “Who the Gad knows?”
* That I can see Gage’s testimony growing
* The smell of new babies and kittens and puppies
* That I know there is something after this life
* Unanswered prayers
* That I’m an American
* That Tim comes home from work happy
* The excitement of Christmas Eve
* Priesthood blessings
* That I can run
* That I made this list
* That on paperwork I put Full-Time Mother under Occupation and Gage age 3 and Luke 10 months under Employer…I should add Tim age 30
* That I don’t need things to be happy
* That I have common sense
* That Tim laughs at my jokes
* The promise of Easter and the buds of spring
* That my boys love each other
* For my washing machine
* Long hot baths
* That Luke sleeps through the night
* My clothes…not the most trendy but it beats the alternative
* The super market
* And if you made it this far you are to be congratulated with my most shocking item. I'm thankful for my In-Laws. It means I have a husband right? No really I love them. Really! :)
2 comments:
Amen! (All except that thing about animals. Yuck!!) And yikes, I come to the state on vacation and don't check the blog while I'm here for a few days; you've become a political novelist overnight! I know you hinted at your secert love for writing and politics in "Ten things you didn't know about me . . .", but 3 postings in one week when I have limited access to a computer - you should have warned me when I was at your house Tuesday!-CRW
PS - Your boy is "Picture of the Week on my blog".
In the spirit of Mom's "who the gad knows", I elect R-Dawg as the most likely to take up that torch (and many others) from our aunts.
Gad zooks honeychild!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment